Translate

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Leaving RVing.

March 31, 2019
Today, at Palmdale the temperature is about 50 degrees and it has been raining all day. Ordinarily at this time of year we would be back out on the road beginning to head north like so many of our friends are doing. But not this year yet. The changes that we set out to do a year ago when we left are pretty much complete. Two weeks ago, we moved our motor home over to a consignment dealer in Houston where it will remain until someone buys it. We will not be picking it up again or driving around in it. Today, I read some of my early posts and am feeling sad that this chapter of our lives is over so quickly. But this is what I wanted. We completed the final touches on our screen porch this



week. So our place in Texas is all set for us to return to every fall when the cold weather comes up north.  When we leave here in a few weeks we'll head up to Minneapolis and find temporary housing while we figure out where and what kind of home we will have when there is good weather. I have to remind myself again about why I wanted this. More time to spend with Edie and opportunities for other kinds of travel like overseas, etc. But today I miss the excitement of setting out again in the Slow Lane.

Some of the highlights from this winter include an extended visit from my 2 brothers Ludwig and Dick and a short visit by my brother Mark in February. It was a good time to test out our new guest accommodations and see how that went. We enjoyed some outings with them and Dick discovered the economy of dental work in Mexico.
Port of Brownsville boat tour


Dick cooking
I discovered how much I like being on
"the other side of the island"



Fishing

Ludwig's shark


Hiking with Mark



































What else... Mark preparing enchiladas
 for the block party






Ray showing Cyndi his catch

Next week both of our children are coming here for a holiday with their children. Life can't get any better than that I don't think. We went over to South Padre Island yesterday when it was 85 degrees to walk on the beach. I told Edie that we went to check out the beach to make sure that it was ready for her. She doesn't know yet that all beaches are always ready for her.

It feels to me like this is about the end of this blog. It's definitely time to start a new chapter.... maybe a different blog.

1 comment:

  1. The new addaroom looks great. Glad to see you settling in.

    Peg and I were just talking about you two, wondering how the sale of the RV was going and what your plans were for this summer. Sounds like you have a plan; great to hear.

    Changing chapters are always challenging but they aren’t anything to feel sad about. Change is a natural part of life and if you do your best with each phase then it’s probably due time to move on to the next.

    Good wishes for the summer. We’ll be out at the Dells for a good part of the summer.

    ReplyDelete