Translate

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Line Dancing

I never thought that I would take up line dancing being as it doesn’t fit with my yogi, educated and liberal self image but then I came here to Palmdale and I saw how much fun it is. Many of the French speaking Canadians are into line dancing. Besides looking like fun, my boring, educated, yogi self reminded me that learning a new skill especially to music is very good for brain health. At our age, brain health is now as important as heart health and bone health. Since I need all three of those, that was a good excuse to go. So on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 9:00 AM you can find me at line dance class. The teacher still keeps me in the front row so I’m definitely not one of the advanced dancers or even intermediate. Some of the steps are similar to the old step-aerobics class that I used to take like the grapevine, step-touch, step kick, but then there are other dance steps like the shuffle, jazz box, waltz, twinkle, etc. I think now that I’m in step with the class somewhere over 80% of the time on most dances. So now I’m a line dancer and today we were told that we will have an opportunity to dance during the intermission at an event being planned for February 26. I think I need to do better than 80% for that. I really don’t care about all the health benefits now. I just like to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment