I would have been fine living my entire life without knowing
what an RV converter was or how it worked. Unfortunately, that was not to be.
The lights went out and nothing worked in the camper while we were up at Camp
Deer. Fortunately, the resort had a battery charger which we used to charge up
the battery and we had a trickle charger to maintain the battery so we didn’t
have to live in the dark for the last 4 days of our vacation. Using all of our
trouble shooting skills and watching You-Tube videos helped us narrow it down
to a failing converter. So, we bought one off of Amazon and then watched
an amateur DIY guy on You-Tube complete the task in 2 hours. We commenced the
job and after 4 to 6 hours we successfully tested all of our electrical
circuits and they worked. Now I know something I never needed to know in the
first place.
We spent a week up at Camp Deer beginning on my 77th
birthday and leaving a week later. My family has started having an annual Camp
Deer Week at the end of June for the last couple of years and will probably
continue. We had 10 children ranging in age from 2 years old to 14 which was
lovely. Kelly drove from Pennsylvania with her 2 girls and they camped near us.
We had lots of time to hang out and visit and we ate amazingly well. We have
good cooks in our family and this year
managed to coordinate meals so no one had to spend too much time cooking. We
caught some fish and added it to several menus for breakfast and lunch. The
weather cooperated.
I decided to join in a Wiffle Ball game with a couple of the
children one day. They needed a batter since there was only 2 playing and one
of them was stuck on 2nd base. I picked up the bat and started
swinging at every wild pitch that came my way. I have to admit that I was
showing off a little bit. I lunged for a ball and my sandal caught on the
ground and I took a tumble landing on my right shoulder and folding my foot
backwards. My niece, Deb, who is a nurse witnessed the whole thing. She waited
to see if I could stand up by myself, which I did, and then examined me. No
apparent breaks in my shoulder. She recommended ice for my shoulder and foot. I
had enough pain in my foot localized on my 1st metatarsal so Don and
I spent the next day at the Big Fork hospital getting an x-ray. No breaks. Just
a sprained foot. They did diagnose it with osteoarthritis on my 1st
metatarsal. So now I’m practicing walking like I will have to when I get old.
Kind of put a damper on my participation in the family reunion.
People at the reunion…
Brother Bob – for 1 day
Sister Jean and her 2 daughters Pam and Deb
Myself, Don, Greg, Peggy, Edith 14 and her friend Juliette
14, Kelly with Jett 8 and Andalusia 6
Brother Ludwig
Sister Kay
Brother Mark
Brother John’s daughter Kelsey, Patrick and Solviegh 2
Sister Elaine and Jerry, Children – Andrew and Stasha,
Aleatha and Kyle with children Mia 12, Marjorie 10, Maverick 9 on 6/27, Maisley
7 and Malcolm 6.
Brother Byron
That was a lot of people and a lot of bacon.
Fishing, canoeing, paddle boarding, trips to shop at Deer
Lake Charlies, the teeter totter, beach, sand, walks up the road, camp fires
and s’mores and the Deer Lake Sunset, a book by Marjorie and Jett, bracelets by
Andalusia, endless exploring the beach by Maisley and Malcolm. The discovery of
the white house which was built by our Grandpa….. great great grandpa to all of
the children. We have family history at this place.
No comments:
Post a Comment