Translate

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

June thoughts

 

6/2/26

Today I went for a walk in the park twice. The first time, with Don, we came upon a good-sized toad sitting on the path. His color was much like the asphalt where he sat so we almost missed seeing him. He did not move even though I tried to disturb him a little. I thought he would be safer if he moved along and wasn’t sitting where everyone walks. He didn’t budge so we left him alone.

When I went back for a second walk, the toad was gone. I assume he made it safely across the path. I met a woman named Linda who lives nearby. She was walking with her parrot named Sunshine. The right name for a beautiful yellow parrot who came from Brazil. Sunshine was quite noisy and I turned on my Merlin Bird Identifier. Merlin did not identify Sunshine. Linda told me the kind of parrot she was but I didn’t write it down so I don’t remember. It was a beautiful, warm, sunny perfect day in June today.

My book group is reading about the 23rd Psalm and this week’s chapter is… “thy rod and thy staff comfort me”. I guess that knowing that having a being with the tools to keep me in line and protect me should be helping me feel safe and comfortable, if I could only trust and accept that being (Christ the Good Shepherd). Not sure what that would look like.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment