Translate

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Facebook 11/22

I love my brother Bob. Soon he will break into his 8th decade when he turns 70 next Valentine’s Day. And like always, the rest of us will get in behind him and follow suit when our turn comes up, if we’re lucky. Bob is seldom speechless, but when we showed up with this  motor home all he could say was “egad”. He enjoys needling and last week on Facebook Messenger he wrote, “just so you know there are some folks I just love to pick on and you and don are at the top of the list”. That’s as close as any of my siblings have come to telling me directly that they love me. So when I replied to Bob, “That’s how I know you love me Bob. I love you, too.” Facebook just froze up and the message remains in our conversation log, unsent. How does Facebook know that open direct expressions of love are taboo in my family? That’s what I want to know.
He has the distinction of being the oldest in the family. We all come behind him like stairsteps… Bob, Jake, Jean, Judy, Ludwig, Dick, Jim, Doug, Kay, Mark, John, Elaine and Byron. His life hasn’t been easy but one thing he has always done is to lead us boldly into each new decade of life. I remember him at 10 when he broke through to the 2nd decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment