Translate

Saturday, November 1, 2014

October 31, 2014


So if I were to start writing today what should I write…. My thoughts have been to write “Dear Edie” and tell Edie the story of my side of the family so she would know it if she ever was interested. Another thought is to write about our travels and experiences. I am already keeping a kind of log of where we have been. Another column might be titled “Things we learned today”. I’ve thought of a couple of chapter headings…. Life in the Slow Lane and I already forgot the other one. It will come back to me eventually. I have a keyboard and mouse to run my computer – actually replaced the one that I purchased earlier as it had quit working. Best Buy replaced it without a fuss because I had only owned it for a month. And I had a receipt. One problem that I am noticing as I type now is that my tabletop is too high to comfortably write at for long periods of time. My arms and wrists will wear our pretty quick if I write a long from this position.


Today Brother Bob noted on Facebook that he is doing important work in getting Democrats elected, unlike me who is just driving around the country doing nothing of value. Which is true. I am not doing anything of value for anyone or for the country. I don’t know if my carbon footprint is larger or smaller than it was back when I was working. I used to live in a house that was heated with natural gas and cooled with electricity from coal powered generators. I drove about 25 miles a day back and forth to the office. Now we just drive around in this diesel hog of a motorhome though we tend not to drive very fast or far in a day. So far we have not used heat or air conditioning much  as we have moved south with the leaves turning color. I haven’t helped a soul since I left the office though I think that I was useful when I was in Minneapolis this summer with my family. I didn’t point out to Brother Bob that I worked for 25 years trying to be helpful to children and families. I know that I needed to take at least a year off from counseling and then see if that is anything that I would be interested in doing again. But, Bob is right. I am not doing anything to make the world a better place at this time other than picking up after myself. Mostly. But I also spend money on fuel, groceries and other things as we travel around the country contributing to the economy of whatever community in which we find ourselves.
The road to Grafton, IL along the river
That’s worth something. And I voted in the South Dakota general election for some Democats. And that also is worth something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment